Friday, June 8, 2007

May 30th, Mazama to Okanogan, Washington 58.8miles







Headed out this morning about 10.30. The first half of the ride today was mostly downhill. I'm still on the decent from Washington Pass which I climbed yesterday. But I'll be crossing the Cascade mountain range for the rest of the week so I'll be up and down all week.

The landscape around me is mostly farmland at the moment. I stopped at a rustic grocery store and coffee shop at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere about noon and topped up on cafeine and food before heading on again.

I passed through Winthrop about an hour later. I'm firmly in the "Wild West" now and Winthrop looks like something out of a Spaghetti Western. Quaint none the less.

Spent the second half of the day climbing the Loup Loup Pass (1500m above sea level). Temperatures were in the mid 90's F and I had to stop to cool down wherever I could get shade.

I rolled into Okanagoan about 8.30pm where I met Chuck, a maths graduate from North Carolina, who's also cycling East.

No comments: